Monday, October 17, 2011

Recycling

While traveling home a few days ago, I drove past a familiar, featureless building. On this day, I saw what seemed to be a large piece of steel wool the size of a car adjacent to the building's edge.  Returning, it was steel shavings awaiting to be sorted and recycled. The on-duty security was very kind and gave me free run of the place. While the light was not what I had in mind for this type of imagery, I enjoyed exploring all the sunlit metal fragments and forms with my camera. I cannot wait to venture back, this time with my view camera and black and white film... Here are my discoveries:

Steel Shavings I; Recycle

Cut Outs I; Recycle

Steel Shavings II; Recycle

Torque Converters I; Recycle

 Wrench Cut Outs I; Recycle

Steel Shavings III; Recycle





1 comment: