Wednesday, January 12, 2011

South High

Abandoned buildings are always interesting and at the same time sad to me. When it involves a school, we can only hope the forgotten was replaced. Schools are part of our fabric. Schools have their own ambience. The second I step into one, time spins rapidly in reverse. I am taken back to my youth... South High in Knoxville, Tennessee is in the process of being transformed into some type of storage for the Board of Education. I cannot decide. I can only discover and investigate what is front of my camera.


Classroom Chalkboard


" I really don't love anybody but I felt compelled to write."  Unknown


Blue Door with Peeling Paint



Algebra and History Books


Locker Detail


Band Room


"Can you play an instrument? Unknown

Bulletin Board with Stain


Office







No comments:

Post a Comment